The nurse-client relationship is at the core of quality nursing care. Nurse coaching is a structured, relationship-centered approach that promotes achievement of client goals.
This new edition of The Art and Science of Nurse Coaching: The Provider's Guide to Coaching Scope and Competencies teaches RNs how to interact with clients in a skilled, purposeful, and results-oriented way. Grounded in the principles and core values of professional nursing, these newly updated nurse coaching competencies can be integrated into any setting or specialty area of practice.
This book provides strategies to help you:
- Create a safe space for coaching conversations.
- Provide a structure for further coaching sessions.
- Explore client readiness for change.
- Assist clients to identify goals, select action steps, evaluate progress, and sustain life changes.
- Learn the importance of coaching clients becoming aware of their challenges and celebrating their accomplishments
.- Learn new, valuable ways to assist clients to adopt effective, sustainable life-changing behaviours.
The Art and Science of Nurse Coaching: The Provider's Guide to Coaching Scope and Competencies, Second Edition is an essential resource for nurses seeking to support clients on their healthcare journey to achieve desired goals for health and healing or transition for peaceful dying.